5 Ways to Save at the Grocery Store
- Make a meal plan for the week so you have an idea of what items you NEED for the week.
- Take your meal plan and go “shop” in your pantry or freezer to see what items you have on hand already. THEN, make a list of any remaining items you NEED for the week. Be sure to visit When Is Dinner for some great recipe ideas 🙂
- Remember to take your list with you to the grocery store, along with any coupons you might have found for items on your list.
- Only select items at the store that are on your list, or items that you know you must have before your next shopping trip, that you forgot to put on the list. (i.e. deodorant and you are almost out, etc).
- I try to buy Frozen Fruits and Veggies whenever possible. I know that fresh taste better, etc. but, if you are new to eating at home, and meal planning, you will find that frozen work better in the beginning because you don’t have to worry about them spoiling before you are able to use them!
These are 5 Ways to save at the Grocery Store that personally work for me when I shop, and I hope they work for you. I have many more tips, but I’ll save those for a later installment;)