Recipe: Sprite Biscuits
These are super easy and fast to make, and the kids LOVE them. They devour the whole pan, and ask for them anytime we need rolls to complement dinner.
I put the butter into my pan, and place it in the oven so it can melt while the oven is heating up. *NOTE: DO NOT FORGET it’s in there, you don’t want a fire If you’d rather, just melt it in a saucepan and pour it into the pan.
Next, I like to make sure all of my ingredients are ready and handy before my hands get messy. I have the Sprite, Sour Cream, and Bisquick all measured out. Flour the waxed paper, so it’s ready for the dough. Fold the Sour Cream into the Bisquick mixture, then pour in the Sprite. Once it’s formed the dough, transfer to your floured wax paper.
Now knead your dough until it’s ready to be cut into biscuits. I add a bit of Bisquick to the top of the dough to keep it from sticking to my hands while kneading. Place into a 450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes and bake until Golden Brown.
Get one quick because they go fast!
If you have time to serve them, before your family grabs them all, you can plate them with a meal Here, I have prepared a Pre-Thanksgiving meal of Chicken & Dressing, Green Beans, and Hashbrown Casserole. (Click the link to go view the Hashbrown Casserole Post!)
- 2 cups Bisquick + extra for cutting biscuits out
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Sprite
- ¼ cup Butter
- Melt Butter in Pan
- Put Bisquick into a bowl, fold in sour cream and stir
- Pour in Sprite, and mix until tacky
- Place dough on a floured sheet of wax paper
- Put small amount of bisquick on top of dough ball so you can knead it without it sticking to your hands
- Cut out biscuits
- Bake at 450 for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown
Disclosure: Handi-Foil graciously provided me with the pan for preparing this dish. Regardless, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own, and were not influenced in any manner.
This recipe is partying at:
- Craft O Maniac
- How To Tuesday
- Show and Tell Saturday
- FRIENDS Swag Giveaway (Ends 11/26)
- Handi-Foil Giveaway (ends 11/26)