Crock-pot Taco Soup
It’s cold outside y’all. The kids are on winter break, we had several additional inches of snow this past weekend, and more forecast for the remainder of this week. This makes me want to keep my crock-pot full and brewing everyday. There is something about having the crock-pot on that just makes me feel like it’s warmer in the house! So, I am taking the kids to the store with me today, and we are going to get the ingredients to make some Taco Soup tomorrow night. I have two recipes to share with you. One is from my Mom, and the other is one I have had for years that is for those who need a lower sodium recipe. I tend to blend the two to create my own Taco Soup Recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef or ground chuck
- 1 large onion
- 2 pkgs taco seasoning
- 2 pkgs ranch dressing dry mix
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can chili beans or pinto beans
- 1 can whole corn
- 1 can rotel
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups water
- Brown Ground Beef and Drain. Mix all ingredients together in a large slow cooker or crock-pot for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with Crackers, Biscuits, or Cornbread.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc. according to your preferences.
I love my crock-pot and I use it several times a week to save time.
- Fluster’s Creative Muster
- How to Tuesday
- Recipe Round Up – Dinner in Under an Hour!
- Show & Share Wednesday
Disclosure: This recipe is brought to you courtesy of Cheeky Bingo. The recipes are my personal family recipes, and all thoughts and opinions shared are my own.